Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cop Bike on Black Spur

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by lewylewy, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Went out for a blat with Kazhere yesterday to Black Spur, Reefton Spur and Mt Donna Buang.

Anyway whilst we were coming out of a sweeper on the Black Spur and onto a long straight spotted a marked cop bike parked on the grassy shoulder, Kaz later told me he had a speed detection device mounted on his bike. Me I can't see the wood for the trees, anyway we let a Harley Rider pass us on this straight and he pulled up in front of the cop bike, dont know whether cop waved him down or whether he was just gonna have friendly chat to cop.

Then again maybe Harley rider was in fact a seriously deep undercover cop tailing bikers to catch them out. Had me fooled with his long grey beard and pot belly.

Anyway just warning all you netriders venturing to the Spur cos some fellow motorcyclists warned us of the police presence when we were having coffee in Healesville so just passing it down the line as he will probably be there most weekends now with the improvement in the weather and subsequent increase in bike traffic.

2. cheers for the heads up. i think theres a fair few of us up there tomorrow (today lol)