Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

coolest leather jacket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by rainman, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Hi people.

I am lucky to live in a part of the world that is quite bike friendly most of the year, but summer is pretty gruesome.. very humid. I am wanting to get a leather jacket for chrissy, so am looking at the 'coolest' one.

There are perforated ones.. the Joe rocket has an apparent cooling system with vents. Can anyone offer advice as to what they have found the best ? It never gets cold here, so I dont need any protection when our 'winter' comes around.
  2. I dunno about leather mate, but Joe Rocket do a mesh jacket called the "Phoenix" which I reckon is the dog's bollix. Closest I've felt to riding in a t-shirt.

It is my duty to warn you however that you may look like a power ranger.

Also, I've never had the misfortune of taking a slide in it, I reckon the impact protection would be good but you wouldn't want to go sliding for any length of time.
  3. yep, they are a nice jacket.. I just really want to move onto a leather. The alpinestars stage perforated looks good.. the icon pursuit jacket looks good too. I currently have a motodry summer textile jacket (which is really great for the price)

I tried on a joe rocket blaster and just lurved the feel of the leather..