Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Coolant type

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Mik84, Apr 16, 2006.

1. After doing prestart checks on the bike this morning ive noticed the coolant level in the resovoir is getting a little low. Being that the yamaha dealer isnt open today i thought id just duck down the street to grab something to top it up a little.

After looking through the manual though, it seems it only has the coolant capacity and i cant find a type of sorts.

Am i missing something? Im sure from previously fiddling with my cars that there is different types of coolant and some shouldnt be mixed and the like.

Any ideas or pointings out of obvious things ive missed would be greatly appreciated, cheers :)

2. I'm not certain about other bikes, but my bike and my friend's 2fiddy CBR coolant level never goes down, and these are older bikes compared to yours.

I only mention the above because when I first got the bike though I thought that the coolant level was a little low when actaully I should have been measuring it level and not on the side stand.

3. Yeah nah i measured it on a level surface also holding it level off the sidestand. Cheers anyways