Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Converting GT250r to Naked GT250r

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Wulfr, Aug 14, 2015.

1. #1 Wulfr, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    Hey folks,

Today I took off the side and the front fairings off my 2011 GT250r for a sand and re-paint, however after taking the fairings off, I've really come to like the naked look of the bike.

Does anyone know if I leave the side fairings off altogether, if it'll damage the motor or the bike?

The actual naked version of the GT looks the same with the fairings off, however I have no idea if the naked version itself has sections covered off where the full fairing bike wouldn't due to the fairings protecting the engine etc when on.

Any problems riding it naked with the engine exposed?

Attached Files:

2. is the top part of the fairing secured well? or can flap around?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Top part/front end is attached fully and doesn't flap around as the side fairings and under carriage fairings are separate - if that makes sense?

Cheers!

4. You could buy them like that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The hyosung frame and engine are from two different naked bikes, it'll be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cheers folks!

7. You won't damage anything running it like that. Just be aware of wiring and line placement and make sure anything important can't get snagged or smacked by road debris.

• Like Like x 1