Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Conversion rates?

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by Bravus, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Anyone know of any stats - or, given that it's Netrider, anecdotal evidence ;) - about scooter riders who end up switching to bikes? You'd assume there'd be some, but how common is it?

2. I doubt there'd be any official stats for the simple reason most states don't distinguish between scooters and motorcycles. Unless of course you're talking about 50cc scooter riders getting a bike licence, in which case you might get a crude estimate looking at the sale of 50cc scoots and comparing against any changes in the number of motorcycle licences and/or larger bike sales (though I'm not sure if stats on motorcycle sales by make/model and state are readily available).
  3. Hey ya! My big plan was to conquer 2 wheels first and then get a bike.... so I started with a 125 scooter but after 6 weeks of full throttle I began to look around.Then i found this second hand T-Max 500cc. Even my gxsr 1000 riding big boy says the T-Max is terrific on the twisties... specially once we removed the centre stand. Very sporty, spose thats why they call it a performance scooter?? And now after 2500kms in 6 weeks.... I am rethinking the bike thing.....
  4. Hi Bravis, for what it's worth, I bought a Bolwell HD200 (172cc engine) and I'm kinda hungering for a bit more power. I'm pretty keen to swap over to a motorbike... nothing crazy, probably a 600cc.
  5. I started on scooters! :)
  6. 2 in every 100 convert.
    12 are distracted by the shiny light of a different trend.
    the rest have their period and couldn't be bothered filling out the survey or just plain pissed at the question.
  7. +1