Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Continental Tyres??

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by BJR, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Has anyone tried a set of the new Road Attack or Sport Attack tyres from Continental?

2.  Top
  3. Yup, they're worth it too. They grip like shit to velcro and have a carcass with similar feel to a set of pirelli corsa.

Conti had a bad rep 20 years ago, they gripped then but had little to no indication you were about to run out of grip. Stick stick stick stick let go. The modern incarnation slips a bit when you hit the far edge to let you know.

Unfortunately I didn't get an opportunity to wear them down for a complete review because the bike was totalled in a car accident.

4. So has anybody else got something to say about these? Anybody using them? What's their life like in Australia, in the hotter conditions?

For go hard in the twisties Sports Touring, would you use the Road Attack or the Sport Attack?

Who sells them in Australia (distributor/retailers) ? Website? Prices? Google searches show too little, or too much, but nothing helpful.

My Pirelli Scorpion Syncs might make it to the Multistrada's 10,000Km service, but they might not. Other Multistrada riders like the Conti Sport Attack or the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT. Any comments?

5. I can only surmise the road attack is the less grippy of the two. I had road attacks and they were uber sticky... I'd imagine the sport attack would be somewhat akin to qualifiers. :shock:

6.  Top
  7. Have some friends using the sport attack in the UK on large sports bikes and they are happy with their performance and price

stan

8. Anyone know the price they're going for?

9. Got some on my Z1000 and am very happy! Stick is fantastic, lean angle greater than Dunslops. Have done around 3000km and wear is marginal. Front could be a little bit softer and I'm thinking of getting Conti Sport Attacks on front for the next one. Road Attacks are good enough for stick on rear and wear is longer.

Will get them again and can only recommend!

Stay safe,

Jens