Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Continental Attack

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by vic, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Anyone run these tyres?

I have sworn by Pilot Powers for 2 years. I was pretty pleased with the fact that the Bavarian came with PP's.

However, I seem to be breaking traction when cranked over and I get on the gas.
    Never happened with the MEZ1's on the SP1.

Perhaps the extra torque is causing the problems :grin:

2. In my extensive bmw ownership I have found the metzelers are best suited to the bm's as also backed up by the boys at Ringwood BM.
    Personally I wouldn't use anything else.
  3. Conti Sport Attack or Race Attack will not be as sticky as the Pilot Powers.
  4. The one guy i know who has used conti attacks said they hang in there well but only got 4500 ks out of them.Maybe its your ass hanging too far of the seat thats causing slippage :p
  5. I have no BMW experience personally, but they always used to come with Metzlers or Contis, as I recall, and they always said that the two manufacturers had worked together to tailor the tyres just specially for BMW......