Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Constructing Fear

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by bangalla, Aug 9, 2007.

1. #1 bangalla, Aug 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    I saw this linked on a blog that I read and was really struck by it. It's a trailer for a new doco about the building industry called Constructing Fear.

Please don't simply dismiss this as some partisan stunt but take the six minutes it takes to watch it. I thought I was fairly well informed but I had no idea that some of the stuff in here could take place in Australia.

naOANWf8uoI[/media]]Constructing Fear

2. Definately a good look at how much the curent government is trying to F#$k the average worker in favor of big companies.

3. Thanks for sharing that, just another example of how the government has screwed the average worker's rights.

4. The thing that struck me was that if you applied the laws they talk about to any other group in the community there'd be outrage, but because it's been bundled up with industrial relations there's barely a peep about it. Even terrorism suspects have more rights than people who work in the building industry these days, colour me perplexed.

5. Thats cause we're dealing with a very tricky government here, hopefully not for much longer though

6. look how far the lucky country has come.
    The ulitmately absolute corruption of the BLF in its final stages (late seventies-early eighties), to now, the absolute removal of what i perceive to be dignity and trust in the workplace.

IMHO -
    *back then, we were over-unionised.
    *now, were are at the other extreme, we have no rights.

time for significant change, guys. either by active legislation change or at the ballot box :!: