Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

conquered the freeway

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by voyager, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Its taken a while, but on Wednesday I finally managed to get myself and my bike down the freeway and back again! Although not the fastest trip in history (remember I top out at 100kph, and thats a struggle!), it was relatively incident free, and to be honest, a little easier than I thought it would be. Just kept to the left and that was pretty much it. Will be attempting to repeat the feat on Friday to ensure it wasn't just a fluke.

2. Freeway ride

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Well done, now keep repeating the exercise in all weather and you will have conquered (maybe the wrong word) one of the things that scare a lot of people. Every now and then I still get a little concerned with what people do on the freeway.
    :? :? :? :?
  3. By choice, I don't ride in the wet - no wet weather gear as yet (will resolve that problem over summer).

I hear you re: other people - I watch like a hawk even in my car because I assume everyone on the road is a blind, drunk, incompetant, deaf, ignorant, careless, impatient bastard. It may not be a nice lot of things to think, but it keeps me alive.
  4. WoooooooooHoooooooooo I knew ya could do it! now onto reefton! lol!
  5. I'd need to refuel before I reached Reefton!!! Sometimes living Way Out West can suck a bit.
  6. Well done. Take care in that left lane near the exits (especially outbound) as there is more than the occasional dart from the middle lane into the exit.
  7. Congrats on ur feat Steve :D . If u drop in again bring ashes with u. We r all only walking distant away from each other . I'll always have the jug on.(mind out of the gutter Vic ,i'm talking about the coffee jug :LOL: )

8. Crap. You are closer to the GOR than the Easteners :)