Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

confusing ad

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Drew, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Saw this from a private advertiser

Honda VT250F 1986 can ride away, no reg & RWCert,

No i am confused how you can "ride away" with no reg or RWC??

as far as i can tell from websites/ VT250 riders, The bike wasn't made until 1989
  2. The VT250F was made from 1983, the VT250L (Spada) wasn't made until 1989.

The rest of the ad sounds a little confused as you say. I think the idea is that the bike is rideable but has no RWC or rego.
  3. ah thanks for that.

nice looking bike.... to me anyway
  4. You can/must get a temporary permit from VicRoads to ride/drive unregistered vehicles on the road. From memory it's about $60 for a 30 day period and only allows use for travel between home and purpose of getting the vehicle roadworthy/registered.
  5. ah yeah shoulda clued onto that...just got one last week to register the car. silly me.
  6. I read it as "YOU dont have to get a RWC or pay for reg as it will be supplied"

I have been wrong in the past however..... ;)
  7. either way, still no cash for it :(

I'm looking forward to Christmas :)
  8. You can also get one to take the vehicle interstate if it is to be registered out of Victoria. I've done that - the only problem is that you get a temporary plate thats rather large - it fitted from outside edge to outside edge of a set of BMW Panniers. Because it's going interstate it's a different set of rules (14 days only from memory but it was a long time ago and has probably changed ) and is covered by some sort of reciprocal arrangement between the states... :?

It also means that every cop around stops you to ask what the hell it is because they've never seen anything like it before...:LOL: :LOL:

9. sounds about right.... one of Dad's mates is a motor wrecker...should hear some of the stories he's got!