Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Confused

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Mike9999, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Hey all,

Went for a ride down Pascoe Vale to meet up with an old friend. On the way was a large police gathering in the carpark on Woodland Rd just before it turns up and into Pascoe Vale Road (opposite the train line). They were stopping people for licence checks and for any outstanding warrants or fines or something...anyway, got mine checked and after typing something into the laptop the officer asks me "Have I ever lived at 'X' street", I replied no (never have, had no idea where this street was), and he sent me on my way. What was the purpose of asking that? Very confused.

2. Someone with the same name and different address had an outstanding warrant?

3. Were they stopping everyone or just riders ????

4. Pulled you over to ask for directions?

5. Nope, it was a bloke what pulled 'im over. Blokes don't ask for directions. They give 'em...

6. Nah they were stopping everyone mainstage.

Could be just that peter, makes sense.

Was worried they'd pick on my iridium visor but all good.

7. You're confused?! Include me as well

*wondering why you didn't just ask the PO for the reason?*

](*,)

Justus.

8. Oh no, not another SNOT thread.........

9. You're right, I should've.

What's a SNOT thread?

10. It's a thread that makes you wana pick your nose

11. On the occasions I have been stopped i always ask why. More so out of curiosity than anything else.

12. The Leap database blows. It will give you hits based on first name, surname and date of birth - if you hit one of these categories, it'll flag something up.

Chances are, someone with the same name had a hit on them, and he was clarifying your address. Quite lazily if I must say ;)