Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Confused about my next bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Trotski, Dec 9, 2006.

1. I'm looking for my next bike after coming off my restrictions and there are three bikes I've narrowed the choice down to mainly because they are within the $$$$'s I wish to spend.

I'm really asking for people's opinion on what they would go for and why.

I travel to the city for work everyday and its a 80K round trip. I want something that's comfortable, reliable, and long lasting.

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

2. I guess one other issue is that insurance seems to track engine size - not perfectly, but you'll probably be able to run and insure a 600 more cheaply than a 900.
  3. Get a twin. SV or a VTR

Much more fun ;)
  4. I don't know much about the Suzuki SV, but I do know that the VTR is a carbi and not fuel injected. I do prefer the fuel inject in this case.
  5. Why do you say that?
  6. Give the SV a try definately. It is a lot of fun on the SV650S, just a little bit much for my wrists and back I reckon.
  7. I had a look at the SV's at Raceway Suzuki. I have to say I was really impressed with the bike. It felt comfortable and looked great. Because I was initially looking at 600CC bikes for around 12k, after seeing the SV1000S for a little over 13k rideaway, I could really justify the price. I signed up for the bike and will be picking it up in the new year. :grin:

Thanks for the tip vic! It seems like its paid off.
  8. Big twins = meh (for me). The SV sounds nice but I don't like the power delivery... You don't get that slingshot effect as the revs build.

I ride the Hornet 900 and love its arse off. It's got loads of torque so it's piss easy to ride but when it starts to scream it's a whole different kettle of fish.

Give it a test ride, I wasn't even going to take a second look at it until I rode it and grudgingly fell for it there and then.

But yeah, ride many, and buy the one that grabs you from the rider's seat. The rest is peripheral.
  9. Grats on the call.
    The SV has kept a lot of Netriders smiling.
    now it's your turn.