Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Confirming ZZR 250 Tank details

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by FALCON-LORD, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Just to confirm.
    The ZZR250 has an 18 Leter tank including a 4 liter reserve...
    Is this correct.
    I only ask because i want to be absolutly sure of my facts before I rip the head off some poor petrol station attendent for having pumps that are extreemly inacurate.
    On monday I put 15.6 liters in the tank, and I hadn't hit the reserve. (I double checked that the reserve switch was set correctly)

So either the 14 liter main tank assumption was wrong... or there pumps were realy way out.

2. The GPX is 18L (15 and 3 reserve) dunno about the ZZR tho..
  3. The tank is definently 18L according to the manual, not sure how much of that is reserve though sorry.
  4. That is correct by my understanding. As far as i am aware it has an 18litre tank INCLUDING the reserve. The main tank is 16 litres and the reserve is ~ 2l litres. Therefore your fill up sounds about correct.
  5. Yep.

Look to fill up at 320km and you will be right. That usually takes 15L (may vary of course in city riding etc)
  6. FL = the Vampire is 18 Lt - 15 + 3.
  7. you could still tear em a new one though for the rest of us - especially when i've not found one yet that will let me fill up an empty 20litre jerry with less than 22.5litres to the full mark stamped on the side!