Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by kransky.dan, Apr 22, 2008.

1. hi all,
    there was a crash on the freeway today (SA) and as I was lane filtering (20km/hr approx) I clipped someones mirror :eek:
    Mine didnt move so I assume it didnt hurt thier's as they bent both ways.
    but I feel bad for not checking if there was any damage.

Should I be that worried?

thanks all
  2. no, but you should be more careful.....
  3. We forgive you my son.
    But NEXT time, if the driver is stopped, and it is SAFE for you to stop, then go back and check, and face the abuse you've earned like a man. :wink:
  4. It's difficult to say, as we don't know which bike you ride. If there's no chance at all that he could catch you (say, 250cc or above), you should sleep easy :wink:
  5. :rofl:

That comment just made me laugh out loud in the office :p and got me weird stares from my editor.

Sorry I know it's no laughing matter, and probably would be traumatised if it happened to me...
  6. Reminded me that I clipped someone's mirror just 2 days ago while filtering. Felt a tug and plasticy "BaNG" noise. Then realised I've completely misjudged the height. Stopped, looked over and waved a sorry. Guy was ok with it.
  7. Technically you have had an "accident" and you have left the scene of an accident so you could probably be done for both if you were caught.
  8. "Accident" implys there is no one to blame, so technically it was a "Collision" and upon leaving the seen of the "Collision" the said party has broken the law and is thus subject to the ramifications applicable to one that has commited such an action.

:dance: :rofl: :bolt: