Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Concerts you've been to

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by I Adore Vic, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Can't remember them all but here's the most memorable concerts I've been to:

1. Herman's Hermits - West Gippsland Arts Centre Warragul - 11yrs old ...friends mum had a spare ticket. Invited me to go. Glad I did. Had so much fun I was dancing in the aisles.

2. The Angels - Brisbane (Festival Hall?) - 14 yrs old...My fav. band at the time. Dragged my cousin along to see them. She wasn't a fan but stuffed if I was going to go alone! I remember Doc Neeson singing to us. Totally made my day/year/life. I still get a rush when I listen to them. :)

3. George Thorogood and the Destroyers - Melbourne (Festival Hall?) - 16 yrs old. I grew up listening to this band....Mum's best friend used to play them a fair bit. I got hooked. :) Before they came on stage I politely squeezed my way through all the bikies till I got to the front. Brilliant night. Totally went off - them and me. :)

4. John Farnham - Rod Laver Arena Melbourne...husband at the time bought me tix to see him for my b'day. Nice gesture but I'm still not sure why he got me these as I'd never really expressed an interest in his music. Didn't have the heart to tell him so went along pretending to be really excited. Concert was okay. Sometimes I forget I even went and saw him.

5. George T again - Melbourne - Palais? Last year or was it the year before. *shrugs* ...Was an awesomely fun night! Got right up front of stage. Had a few drinks through concert. Chick next to me kept flashing her tits at the guitarist. Guitarist kept winking his approval at her. Afterwards we wandered up to some pub called the Esplanade. ;) Woke up in the morning with the worst hangover I have ever experienced in my entire life. :(

6. The Eagles - Melbourne...Rod Laver Arena. SEcond row tix. Brilliant! Absolutely Brilliant! I'm on their DVD!!! :LOL: Not telling you which parts. :cool: :oops:

7. Coldplay - saw them the last 2 times they were in Melbourne...one of my most favorite bands. Chris Martin was larger than life. Totally charismatic!

8. Delta Goodrem - took the girls to see her. They had a ball. I was totally stunned by how beautiful she actually is....not just in looks.

9. Pete Murray - Traralgon Saloon Bar...couple of yrs ago...What a blast of a night! Laid back guy with a guitar. Smooth.

10. One of the best pub bands I've ever seen was in a little pub in Coolangatta when I was about 14. Don't ask what I was doing in a pub at the age of 14! They played GLORIA by Van Morrison and we loved it so much (there were about 15 folk in the bar) that they played it again and again...over and over for much of the night. :)

There's others but I forget.

Going to see my favorite band ever in November. U2 at Telstra Dome. GA tix. Getting there really really early so we're not too far from front of stage. :) It's going to be huge!!!
  2. The best ones:

Pink Floyd as the SGC...... .... abso"bloody"lutely awesome

Neil Young .. twice

Sunbury .... wish I could remember it...

Joe Satriani the guitar god

The worst ones:

Bruce Springstein played his new stuff, and didn't play "the River"

Guns 'n' Roses .. ripped off bigtime
  3. Nobby, when did you see Bruce Springsteen?

Would love to see:

Eric Clapton

Jimmy Barnes

Pearl Jam

Johnny Diesel (anyone got his latest Cd?)

Little Birdy

Placebo - (never had the guts to go though!)

I also forgot to add Nigel Kennedy to my first post. At the Syd. Opera house last time he was here. Massive concert. Brilliance.
  4. The only concert i been to was CREED in 1992!
    Didnt like it, ended up leaving half way thrue!
  5. Nico of the Velvet Underground at the Prince of Wales.
    Foofighters and Nick Cave at the BDO RSG.
    Beasts of Bourbon at the Corner Hotel.
    Painters and Dockers at Apocolypse High.
  6. I Envy you nobby!

First band will be Pearl Jam in November. Cant bloody wait.
  7. It was his "Born in the USA" tour in the mid 80's and I think from my shaggy memory that it was at the QE2 Stadium in Brisbane . . it was good but he palyed all his "then " new stuff and didn't play "the river".

Floyd was/is and in my fuddled brain always will be the ultimate band....

Just wish they would have done the PULSE concert here too...
  8. I must have had a sheltered life, or I'm too tight to spend money on tickets lol

Metallica, Perth around 97/98 ish?

Not bad but they played all their stuff slower than on the albums giving it a slightly different feel. Also the :jerk: long mullet idiots head banging and throughing their long greasey hair around :sick:
  9. Nice list there nobby!!

anybody remember bodyjar? my first gig
    pearl jam at tennis centre the one that got crashed
    silverchair with placebo at tennis centre placebo underplayed as support band... but totally kicked silverass
    ben harper at festival hall awesome!!
    moby at festival hall: lame... I still want my money back!!
    a perfect circle at metro in sydney
    BDO 98-2001 concerts then got rediculouly expensive
    Fuji Rock festival 03 Underworld awesome!! Juno Reactor!!
    supporting the locals since. S.E.E., Laura, GSS, Andrew Wallace... be suprised if anyone else has heard of the above.

Pretty sad I never got to see: Neil Young, Led Zep, Doors, Pink Floyd, Bowie, The Cream, Elvis.
  10. im.on.it - ditto for Pink Floyd, Cream, The Doors and Elvis...and I would have loved to go to Woodstock....just for the whole atmosphere thing.

Wish I'd gone to the Silverchair/Placebo gig. :) Love them both.

Doggy - what did you expect? They are Metallica after all! :LOL:
  11. First gig I ever went to was the '02 Warped Tour at Dee Why, and I've been to 2 Big Day Outs ('03 and '06), 1 Homebake (04), and 1 Stonefest (05), and I've seen Anti-Flag, Bodyjar, Strung Out (twice), Placebo, Hilltop Hoods, Strike Anywhere, Death By Stereo, The Sleepy Jackson, The Herd, Gyroscope, Faker, End of Fashion (twice), Karnivool, The Butterfly Effect, AFI(!!!! Davey Havok walked on the crowd at the end. And this was in 03, pre-December Underground), and many others.
  12. KORN 1997 - average, very disappointed
    Faith No More 1998(?) - One of the best shows i've seen
    Green Day 1998 - very good
    Tool 2001 - awesome
    NIN 2000 - awesome
    Counting Crows 2003 - awesome
    The Dandy Worhols 2005 (free show in Melb) - average
    Something For Kate (many times) - always good
    Various BDO's, Offshores, Falls Festivals including: Rammstein, Chili Peppers, Hole, Marilyn Manson, Queens Stone Age, At The Drive In, Ben Harper
  13. Well, countless local unsigned gigs + at least 100 of my own gigs. 4-5 Homebakes, 1 BDO.

International/Major acts:

The Cure

Black Eyed Peas x 2

Salmonella Dub x 3

Ratcat x 4

The Doors of the 21st Century (Feat. Ian Astbury of the Cult on vocals)

Fun Lovin' Criminals

The Busters (classic English Ska band)

The Porkers 3-4 times

Frenzal Rhomb about half a dozen times...

And that's all I can remember right now, I'm sure there's more, but I must've been drunk.

Do raves/doofs count??
  14. Been to see.
    AC/DC x2
    Def Leppard
    A perfect circle
    Bon Jovi (shhhhhh..... dont tell anyone :p)
    Live x3

i think thats all :?
  15. Well add me to the bogan list, favourite concerts are

1st concert Kiss 1980 VFL Park, f#%$ing awesome, knew all the songs the benchmark for all concerts to follow

Aussie Crawl at the Royal Melbourne Show about 1983 or so. Favourite band at the time free concert all was great, met a girl what innocent times.

1982 Cold Chisel Olympic hall, these guys were one of the best bands EVER. :cool:

U2 1992 Sydney Football Stadium, stoned out of my mind loved it :-$

Pearl Jam and Red Hot Chilli Peppers Big Day out horden pavilion early '90s or late '80's can't really remember the exact year, too much partying was had at this time. Grunge was just starting to kick on and I was there for the start of it.

Jungle Bones - upstairs Clock Hotel Crown St Sydney, the first and only time a band played in this venue upstairs. Beany Rock :beer:

Silverchair, Skunkhour and The Pork Hunts at a pub in Newcastle, forgot the name but great fun to have all three bands on at the same time. Silverchair had to leave early school next day!

Fish Fry Newcastle jazz Festival, these dudes are seriously warped, now residing in cairns I hear. :dance:

Skyhooks Rocktober concert 1983, we miss you shirley! :(

Captain Spalding used to sing along to my drunken ravings in the late 80's in Melbourne.

John Cougar Mellancamp as he was known then, 1985 Vodafone Arena, first time in a corporate box, very nice they even valet parked my Torana! :LOL:

The Pogues at Coogee Bay Hotel, how do these guys stand with so much grog and smack in them? Their version of dirty ol' town is still the best.

The Fureys, was in love with a girl who loved the fureys great irish ballads

Dave Graney at the Northern [?] Hotel Byron Bay, its hip baby

Rage Against the Machine somewhere in Sydney mid 90's. how much energy can you produce in one spot?

John Williamson gool ol country boy Tamworth many years ago.

Bushwackers Box Hill High School 1981, I got lucky that night thanks kathy :bannanabutt:
    There have been so many bands that I have loved over the years that I have seen so many I missed out on as well.
  16. Been to a fair few local concerts but the big bands are,

Velvet Revolver
    Motley Crue
    The Darkness

Band i have to see before i die are,
    GNR (when they reform with the original members :p )
    Def Leppard
  17. I also went to the Rumba music festival which was at Telstra dome a few years back.

I wouldn't mind going to see Yngwie Malmsteen, who happens be to playing at the Palace next month.
  18. In no particular order

Killswitch Engage

Fear Factory

A Perfect Circle

Nine Inch Nails

Ben Folds w/ Sydney Symphony Orchestra
  19. Ktulu...my older sister used to be mad about Slayer. Going off your age, I've got to ask...are they still around?
  20. AC/DC
    Eminem & D12
    Busta Rhymes
    Korn, Fear Factory & Static-X