Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Computer savvy people

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by caz64, Oct 29, 2015.

1. My comp is being an annoying piece of ..... anyway, decided this was the best option (as no one else can answer my question or help) and hopefully it is in the right post.

This "thing" keeps popping up on my computer screen and I haven't figured out a way to get rid of it. I think it has something to do with my monitor but have no idea what or why it appears....

2. Yup. It's your monitor, but I have no idea why or how to resolve.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. oh well maybe someone else can help me....:)
  4. Serious comment - is the button on the monitor that opens up the menu sticking or is anything leaning / applying pressure?
  5. serious question...which button would that be? what symbol...I never look at the monitor buttons, it just automatically turns on when I turn the comp. on...:)
  6. Including any buttons at the rear/side or function buttons on the keyboard?
  7. Damn, just pressed one of the buttons and lo and behold that blue THING came up. Pressed it again but it wont go away....grrrr
  8. Missed your reply. Just look for a button that looks like a TV screen symbol
  9. Problem solved, pressed the esc button ( I gather that is what it is) and it disappeared. Thanks for everyones help lol and I shall go away now and crawl under a rock....
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I think Womble's on the right track though, my guess is that one of the buttons that bring up the OSD menu is stuck, or faulty. Try all the buttons and see if they are working, otherwise it looks like a good excuse to buy a nice new big monitor...
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Would love a nice big new monitor but haven't the dollars....but it is all fixed now and at least I know what to do next time. Gee I feel STUPID sometimes..
    • Like Like x 1
  12. [​IMG] esc button in nemo
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. yeah yeah....:p
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Imagine what life would be like if you met but one of us!!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. lmao.....probably different lol
  16. I don't want you to change.
    • Funny Funny x 2