Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Computer Error

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by pvda, Jul 18, 2005.

1. I was having trouble with my computer. So I called Bob the computer guy, to come over. Bob clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem. He gave me a bill for a minimum service call.

As he was walking away, I called after him, "So, what was wrong?" He replied, "It was an ID ten T error."

I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, "An, ID ten T error? What's that, in case I need to fix it again?"

The computer guy grinned.... "Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?"

"No," I replied.

"Write it down," he said, "and I think you'll figure it out."

So I wrote out.... I D 1 0 T

I used to like Bob!

2. Oldie but goodie

In my experience of computer errors, most of them come under the heading of PEBKAC!!!
  3. indeed... very true

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue>0

0 results returned
  4. PEBKAC = Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair
  5. AH the old problem of the keyboard user interface
  6. "User error, replace user to continue"

used this in my uni programmin assignments...lecturer loved it
  7. True story.

One of my lecturers owns a consulting company that developed a database system for a large corporation and installed it over a weekend (having trained all the staff the week before).

Anyway on monday she gets a call from the secretary who says "The System doesn't work".

She freaks out and drives straight there. Upon arrival she asks the secretary to show her what 'doesn't work'.

She watches in horror as the secretarty types her username and password in to a calculator that is sitting next to the keyboard and then makes a comment along the lines of "see nothing happens".

Very carfully she explains that the secretary should try using these keys here (pointing to the number pad). Not supprisingly the secretary can log in and everything is fine, she then makes a comment along the lines of "Wow, you really know your stull".

This really is a true story.
  8. Love the old PEBKAC there rc36 :D
  9. This reminds me of the alt-sysadmin-recovery newsgroup. It's been years since I visited there. They spelt user with a silent "l".

I used to like the Luser Attitude Readjustment Tools (LARTs) that people preferred. Generally at one point the preferred LART was held to be a low-yield tactical nuclear weapon. It was generally agreed that this was the only device that could get through to some people... :LOL:

I did once have a rather nice spear hanging in my office that my daughter brought back from Africa. That was labelled as an ID-ten-T Adjustment tool. I had tro take it down as some miserable Business Studies teacher complained that it made her nervous (it was meant to :LOL: )