Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Dirrin, May 19, 2007.

1. Hi guys i know all the basic in and outs on compliance but i went looking at a few bikes today (ZXR250's) the ones i looked at today were both Grey and had build dates of '03 (which as far as i know are the same as the ZXR250C's but were built in malaysia later on from a whole heap of parts that were lying around) my point is both that i looked at had a compliance plate done by "European Thunder Down Under Tours" and the 1st one had BALIUS ZR250 on the plate and the other had comp in 03/03 but the date stamped on the vin plate and the actual bike said 04.

Long story short can someone tell me how to read comp plates ? and are they wrong alot or do these to look dodgey as

Also can someone confim the malaysia thing with the ZXR250's i can't find alot of info about it

2. hey. i have a balius, zr250. apparently, its a "detuned version" of the zx2r, so its a less powerful bike. can't help you with understanding the compliance (i only know its safer not buying a grey import) but the balius is a differnt bike to the zx2r. not sure if this helped you at all, but good luck.
  3. when it comes to imported bikes they ONLY people to talk to
    International Motorcycle Importers in Ferntreeg ully Vic.
    the honest and their bikes are good,