Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by DisgruntledDog, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Less than 20

24 vote(s)
  2. Less than 50

25 vote(s)
  3. Less than 80

17 vote(s)
  4. Less than 100

3 vote(s)
  5. Less than 150

7 vote(s)
  6. More than 150

6 vote(s)
  7. I'm a loser and take PT

4 vote(s)
  8. I'm a loser and drive the cage

3 vote(s)
  9. I won lotto or a dole bludger so I don't work

3 vote(s)
  10. I don't vote on such stupid polls.

3 vote(s)
  1. I've just started commuting 160ks a day round trip to the city. Quite enjoying it now, we'll see how I feel in a few months time.

Just wondering who else does the commute thing and how many Ks.
  2. Ive been doing a 50km round trip commute on the bike for about 15 months now, still prefer it over commuting in a car.
  3. Started commuting about 4 weeks ago. The distance is about 58km's round trip and I love every minute of it. So far I've tried 4 different routes and my favourite would be the Beach Rd route through Brighton, Hampton, Sandringham, Black Rock...
  4. I only do 20km round trip. I must admit, most days I'm very disappointed to arrive so quickly. I often wish I was a little further away for a longer trip. That might change over time I guess. Time will tell.
  5. I only have a short, less than 20km round trip, commute.

While some days I take the long way home and extend the trip to 100km, I'm quite glad of the short commute because I can leave home at 8:15 and be at work by the 8:30 start with a bit of time to spare.
  6. I have 70 Km round trip to uni, nothing like a ride to distract from exams/assignments.
  7. 36km round trip.

Took me 12 Minutes the other day to do 18km. Might not sound like much but was very quick. 1.5km/min (90km/h) average speed (if my maths is right), not highway riding. :)
  8. There and straight back is about 80K on a normal day takes about 40 - 45 minutes each way.
    However a day like today nice day to enjoy a ride I can take anywhere upto 2 hours of various detours home
  9. I do 150 when I goto Uni, can be every day sometimes once a month. I couldn't imagine doing it a cage, I'd go bonkers. Love it on the scooter. Will love it more when I get me a man bike.
  10. I have about 8km round trip - I usually walk, but take the bike if I'm running late. If I ride, I spend almost as much time in the lift as I do on the commute.
  11. Eastern / Hoddle / Punt, 36 km round trip, takes its toll on the bike (clutch especially) but makes parking a breeze.
  12. well, i don't fit into any of those. i'm currently looking for work, not commuting, and not bludging off centrelink.

i hope my next job will be less than 20k's round trip. 30 tops.
  13. Just over 20kms per day.Mt Martha to Red Hill, a few twisties, no coppers and an average speed of (well quite reasonable) can be there in less than 15 mins. Life is good and sure beats the 50 min com to the 'g' when I was there.

14. about 40ish to uni every day. which is alright, until it rains =_=
  15. sub-20km for me, which is shit because commuting is practically the only time i get to ride - and even more shit at present because my poor bike is in the shed and i'm stuck in the cage
  16. 118km round trip commute to work 6 times a week.
    Usually on the day off i do about 50km visiting people or riding with mrs and/or dad.
  17. i work from home but my, almost daily, "commute" to the beach for a swim is only 10kms or so\\:D/
  18. 120k round trip that's how I managed to stick 86,000 on a Hyo...

And probably why I was always working on it...
  19. did it ever become reliable?
  20. Rode to uni today for a two hour lecture, buggered if I was going to travel for 4 hours for it. Weaved and split like a demon, got there in tad over 40 min.