Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Comms unit - Midland, Interphone, or Scala Rider?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by lui, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Any good or bad experience with any of these brands? I'm thinking of getting a headset with A2DP profile, Interphone F4 or F5 appears to have all the functions I needed. But I don't have any prior experiences and do not know what to look for.

Would like to hear some feedback, cheers!

2. Got a Scala G4. Works well matched with my Galaxy s2 for maps, music, phone. My helmet is crazy noisy though so I can't hear it above about 70km/hr.
  3. I had an interphone F4 and it was ok but I went and got a Sena SMH10 and it is far better. Better battery life, clearer connection with my phone, better music capability with the 3.5mm socket. The volume is more than enough in even my really noisy old HJC.
    The F5 seems to have alot of the features that were missing from the F4 so it may be ok too. Beware that most intercoms will only interface with identical products so if you get one brand you and your mates had better have the same gear.
  4. I've got the Scala G4 and it works well with my iPhone. I wear earplugs and have no problem hearing the phone/intercom/music.

It takes a little while to learn how to use the system and get used to it, but once you do it works really well. I can leave it on open channel all day and it's never run out of battery. The longest I've had it running like this has been around 7 or 8 hours.
  5. Thanks guys, been reading reviews and looks like the F5 and G9 are the current top picks. The SMH10 seems to have mixed reviews.