Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Common Sense & Speed Cameras

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by mike8863, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Finally ...and they're even politicians....=D>

Tories oppose charges and speed cameras

Conservatives will kill roadside cash cows

By Kable •

Posted in Government, 7th October 2009 06:02 GMT

A Conservative government would end support for local congestion charging schemes and stop funding new fixed speed cameras

Theresa Villiers, the party's transport shadow minister, said that councils would be given more ability to introduce innovative schemes: "When local authorities want to innovate and try out new ways to make traffic flow more smoothly they'll get encouragement from Whitehall not the stonewalling and inflexibility for which Labour's Department for Transport is notorious."

linky to the rest of the story..
  2. Must be an election looming
  3. its a bit like promising kids ice-cream after the dentist, it never happens.
  4. I'll believe that when Swedish twins deliver me an 848 and then hand me clear STD tests results and a can of whipped cream.
  5. v
    I'll have what he's having.
  6. And I'll have whatevers left
  7. But before him.
  8. Definitely before - or else they'll need retesting...:D
  9. Just so.

Now, OT:
    There it is, right there, right from (a) horse's mouth. Keep it, use it well.
  10. [​IMG]

11. [​IMG]
  12. What is worrying me slightly is that no-one has specified the gender of the twins. Or are we looking at one of each, so we don't offend any minority groups?
  13. I can't speak for the above seekers of sloppy seconds, but I'll take females. Preferably around five foot five, a hundred pounds or so. Green eyes and blonde hair, if I get to be picky (y)