Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Coming to visit Victoria

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Matrix, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Hey all

I'm not new but am coming to Melbourne this weekend to visit my family for a couple of weeks and naturally can't leave my bike behind. I am staying at Portsea and wanted to know if there are any riders in the area who may want to catch up for a coffee, beer or a ride.

Am thinking of taking the ferry from Sorrento to Queenscliff and doing the Great Ocean Road to the 12, 11, 10 (or however many are left) apostles sometime between Xmas and the New Year. I know it's short notice but ya get that sometimes.

If anyone is in the area let me know.

2. matrix you lucky &@$^@* :LOL:
    just today i was phoning around to enquiry on bike transport to Melb for GOR, so i called www.getrouted.com.au and was given another number. But no trucks until the mid Jan. So i guess I'll be just practicing on local twisties.

Have a great trip n ride safe, Vic-Road(their RTA?) has a free DVD on GOR safety for motorcyclist.
  3. Hey R-K-O

I have lived most of my life in Melb, only been in Sydney for 2 years. I know the roads down there alot better than here. The best motorcycle transport is having a friend in Melb who you have riden with since you were kids that is so keen to go riding he is driving all the way up here with his trailer just to pick my bike and I up and drive back down. Then bring me home in a couple of weeks.
    We will have room for another bike on the trailer if you want. I am leaving either Friday night or Saturday morning PM me if you want to arrange something.