Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Comfortable seat

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by mikado, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Hi y'all ... I have a BMW r1200rt...love it, but the seat sucks ass bad..on anything over about an hour. It is heated though, which offsets it mentally!

I'm just wondering, does anyone actually have a comfy seat as stock on their bike...in terms of bikes.. I mean anything that can corner and get wear marks to the edges of the tyre I mean..so no hardlys etc.

I'm really interested to know what peoples ideas are. I was looking at getting a Corbin after market seat but I read that they're not so flash...hmmm..

2. The Corbins have a very good rep, they're also very heavy. From memory, something like 2kg heavier than the Saddlemen brand I went for. (In dr650 model anyway) Massive improvement over stock

Had the seat on the little lady's 650GS modded by those guys in QLD who also have a good rep, only their name escapes me. It now sits a little lower, and she says much more comfortable... Much cheaper than a whole new seat!
  3. Use a lambswool seat cover, Especially if you do big Klms,

Bitchinstitches also do a great job,
  4. airhawk seat cushion?