Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Comfort

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Anthony88, Jan 7, 2008.

1. I'm planning to get a Honda Cbr250rr as my first bike, being 175cm tall and 70kg would this be an ideal bike to ride.

2. If you like it, im 187cm at 105kg and ride a cbr250r (mc19) which is an almost identical bike except its a bit more upright/different brakes/ and a few other things.

3. Comfort? Its a sportsbike.. if you want comfort you're looking at the wrong bike.

4. Comfort?? yeah for about 10 minutes.

5. Should be fine mate.

6. +1 to yak
    your dimensions make you vaguely more akin to your average japanese male for which the bike is designed. a 1000kms in a day might make you more than sore but.

7. Comfort is relative. There will be days when you get off the bike and are sore while on others you'll feel fresh and relaxed. Over time you'll figure out what works for you and you'll have fewer sore days.

What you wear can also have a big impact on your comfort, I've recently found that wearing trunks on my bike is a big no-no as the seams are right where my butt rests on the seat :facepalm: which is not at all comfortable.

There are too many variables to worry about so the best thing that you can do is buy a bike that you love, everything else you will learn to adapt to.