Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Come teach me how to change brake pads

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by nous, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Loz is away, my brake pads need urgent changing, and I'd like to learn how to change them myself. Never done mechanical tinkering in my life, so a bit of personal practical tuition would be great!

I've already read threads on NR, various articles and watched videos but it's just nice to have someone there to hang around and answer questions.

In return, you'll get to order me around, drink beer, laugh if I stuff up (it'll be all your fault, of course) and enjoy my company :)

Let me know if you have a spare evening.

2. brake changing

Howdy Nous,

I can help out with the brake pad changing, shoot me a PM.
  3. Hey Chengalengalengalong!

I can also help you out if you don't hook up with mekros. I can't do Friday night but any other time should be cool!
  4. Can I come play with you whilst Loz is away??? I won't tell him :p
  5. Sorry hon, you play rough. No lollies for you ;)

Thanks for the offers guys, will PM.
  6. Thanks again shaggy and happy.grl for helping me out with the brake pads and sorting out the brake fluid etc. Wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, just fiddly. Next we'll try the back ones!

Their puppy Akira desperately wanted to assist, but his white fur would've been a magnet for grease.
  7. It was our pleasure to help you out. Just give us a buzz when youv got some free time and we can check out the back brakes!

Oh and apparently Sally doesn't like it when I use Akira to whipe my hands on after working on the bike!

:p :p