Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Combo face mask/neck warmer new delivered for $4

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Takamii, Aug 5, 2011.

• Like Like x 2
  1. Imagine how cold the tip of your nose would get.

+1 to interesting
  2. Looks very interesting, I bought some...
  3. Got 2 delivered on Monday, but the Zed is still waiting for parts so haven't had a chance to try them yet.
    They look and fit nice, will post more after I get to use them.
  4. Can't help but think of what the infamous 'Runny Nose Inside The Helmet' will look like on the OUTSIDE of the mask...
  5. curious to see how the stay up as you slide your helmet down over it
  6. it's all in the positioning of the garment on the head.
  7. Thanks, bought 1.

I use a half-mask winter mths/during colder mornings, so like Kernel says, it's a matter of how you slide it down. It can be adjusted slightly from the front.

I have a Full-face ("Evil clown") mask with eyeslits which just cannot fit properly when the helmet slides down.
  8. What's the verdict on these? Any good, or should I just grab a dririder one?
  9. Still waiting on mine :p
  10. i just picked up one of these. can't go wrong for $4.
  11. Looks like the perfect commuter special to me
  12. Got mine in the post today, works well. They've got these 2 "flaps" which cover the ear, not sure of the exact function, mebbe for Open face helmets. Anyway they are a slightly loose fit for me (Size M on Shoei/Arai), but once helmet slipped on, they are snug & secure. Defo a good buy at the price!
  13. I've had mines for a few weeks now but got no helmets to test them on (taken by insurance company) but I reckon they would fit easily.
    In Europe I used to use a fleece neck warmer in the same fashion: hold it up to my nose, slid the helmet and away yo go. It was a bit tricky at first but after a few uses you get the hang of it.
    I was also baffled by the "ear flaps" whitenite mentions but didn't think of open-face helmets, you may be right.
  14. Mine arrived today, my license was supended yesterday :rofl:

I'll get the missus to test them out, she'll be the only one riding the bike for a while.

Although I am going to the snow this weekend, probably a good place to try em out, even if there's no snow...