Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Coloured Chain

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by GOOSH, Aug 14, 2006.

1. hey, just wondering, what a peoples thoughts about bikes with coloured chains. found this pic on the net of a kwaka with a green chain and i reckon it looks great. Now, would you be able to get them from you normal chain supplier or do a dodge and just spray paint the chain(nah not really). just a thought cause i reckon my bike would look great with a coloured chain.

2. Not a bad idea. I think a more subtle dark anodised chain would look great.
  3. a gold one for my hyo should go well, and a green one like in the pic for my kawasaki
  4. i run a gold DID chain with a red 55T sprocket... gotta have something flash on the stunt GooF
  5. :jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk:

What next, green tyres?
  6. I know they are available, buts its a major :jerk: factor
  7. Yep ... :LOL:
  8. like neons on riceracers
  9. on some bikes it can look the business.

on others it just looks lame.

i really think it depends on the bike & how much other colour is on it
  10. Maybe Kumho will make bike tyres that smoke coloured. Exhists for cars in Red and Blue Smoke.....http://www.kumhousa.com/News/News2005.asp
    Scroll 1/3 down

Or perhaps some neons for the bike?? :roll:
  11. I always wanted a gold chain for my Yellow TLR, but my mechanics said the chain wasn't good enough for the big twin engine...so I didn't bother..
    At least the gold was subtle..that green is so in your face..it's tacky...and I love it!
  12. Coloured chain not so bad.

Coloured wheels just lame.

I had white tyres on my white mountain bike and that looked good....don't know about coloured tyres on a motorbike though.
  13. I love the look of a colored chain.....very cool :cool: