Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Collins leathers

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by disassembled, Mar 5, 2008.

1. I just wanted to share my experience with collins leathers. (Couldn't find a specific reference in businesses and service providers)

I just purchased their latest RS4 pants and Monza jacket, as well as a pair of RS2 Gloves.

I've been talking to them since late last year about buying some of their gear, i finally decided to go collins after looking around a bit. From all accounts i heard their gear is top quality and it's certainly well priced. They gave me a good discount on the gloves as well because i ordered the jacket and pants. The only issue i had was that they were sometimes a little slow to get back to me with information by email, however dave is usually available on his mobile, even after hours and is very helpul.

Anyway, I placed the order with them yesterday afternoon, and recieved the gear this morning, very happy about that.

The fit is very good, although obviously the leather will need some time to soften up a little. I've gone over the gear in a bit of detail, and as far as i can tell, it's very good quality.

I'll give a little review on the gear in a few weeks after it's had some use, but i can certainly say that my experience with Collins is a good one.

:biker: Thumbs up to collins.
  2. Monza Hump

What do you think of the hump, (i only ask because you where a bit concerned about its size with my thread)

I have had my set for a month or so and find the hump it small enough not to get in the way of my helmet.

I am very happy with my pants and jacket, i'll be interested to see your thoughts in a couple of weeks.

What do you think of the way the jacket zips to the pants, (2 zippers starting from the back).

I found it easy to do if you only do each of the zippers up 1 inch, then once they are both started zip them right up.
  3. I wasn't 100% sure on the fit of the jacket, and obviously i can't just go into a shop and try on other sizes, so i emailed collins and let them know.

That afternoon they gave me a call and arranged to send out the larger size jacket, and a prepaid AAE bag, so i can try on the larger size, and send back the one which i don't like.

Top stuff collins, you rock.

With the experience i'm having with another motorcycle parts vendor at the moment taken into account, with his crap communications, service and business skills, this all comes as a very pleasant experience, and i'm all the more happy about it.