Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Collins Leathers

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by hookiens, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Hey everyone.
    I'm looking to get some new gear. I have textile and kevlar stuff atm and I'm in the market for some leathers. (To go with a new bike...only 1 1/2 months to my restrictions finish....so many choices.......)
    After looking around for awhile I found a Qsld company called Collins Leathers. They sell through eBay or direct.
    There are a few posts about them but not too much info so I was wondering if anyone has had some experience with their gear (more in regards to their jackets, but also interested in pants and some gloves).
    Any advice, opinions, etc would be great!
    Also I know there are heaps of outlet shops, etc. that I can get gear for a similar price, eg. Joe Rocket @ BGW or even PS. So would anyone recommend a different brand for around the same price. (Collins leather jacket, leather pants and gloves around $800 all up)
    Thanks for the help.
    Regards,
    Sam :)

2. I don't wear them but I know guys who do and they are impressed. Also seen a lot of guys at track days who wear them, so that says something as well.

3. I used the Collins price as a baseline then did the rounds of melb stores. finished up with a joe rocket perforated suit for $500. try PS clearance center or AMX. but Collins have a good reputation and are good to deal with on the phone.

4. Collins looks like good quality gear to me.

5. I have the collins suit and gloves.
    Have been wearing them for about 2 months now and don't have any complaints. They keep me pretty cool even during the hotter days.

Only complaint I really have is that the zips the attach the pants and jacket is plastic not metal.
    They are great for entry level leather IMO.
    Would buy them again. I don't know how they hold up in a crash, really don't want to know either.

Ps oh and call them, you will speak to Josie, they will sell the gear to you cheaper then their ebay prices.

6. Helmet Warehouse on the Hume Highway at Yagoona always has Collins gear at good prices (as are most of the stock in their store)