Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Collecting bike without Ls

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by slygrog, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Hey,

I am almost CERTAIN there is a thread on this but I don't know which word to use in the search bar to find it. So please forgive me!

I'm trying to figure out all the options in having a bike picked up and delivered to me in a private sale, because I don't have my Ls and I don't have access to a car with trailer.

I know there are companies that load bikes into trucks and deliver 'em, but I swear I read on here somewhere that there was a company that would drive the bike from point A to point B for you, if it was registered.

Am I imagining it?

2. if you post a pic of yourself, i'm sure you'll get at least 20 guys on here offering to ride your bike from the dealership to your house for you.

i can do so if i was to park at your house, you drive me to the dealership, i'd ride the bike to you - easy :)

i'm unemployed, so i can do so at any time on any day!

3. I may be on my L's as well, but I live minutes from Redfern station as well if you need a hand with anything... I've had enough help from people on here, only fair to repay the favour.

4. Geez LC - that was quick. Did we all see that? LOL. Watch out for all those men because they're only after one thing. Now how about we sit you down and have a nice cup of tea. :rofl: :popcorn:

5. Hire a ute or trailer?

6. 9 mins is slow for me!

7. I think you mean hot coffee :p.

Ask the current owner? Perhaps they will bring it over if you can get them home again. Depends how far you are thinking though!

I think the company you are thinking of was some sort of taxi-like service in London. Could be wrong though.

8. Another option to consider: see if you can convince the seller to ride it over to your place. You can offer him a lift back to his house in return [provided you've got access to some sort of a car].

edit: i r gooder at reading

9. i'll do it for free

going into PB territory

10. u got big tits?

11. Do man-boobs count Goz?

12. Look for tow trucks in the area of the dealer/where you're buying it - Cheapest I could find for myself couple months ago was $160 to transport it about 50km.

Or ask the seller/dealer to ride it home to you, I'm sure they'll do it for a sale. The guy I bought mine offered to ride it to my house so I didn't need a tow truck in the end.

13. Aha, hello everyone.

Important matters first: My tits. I'd score 'em about a 7 for size, however can supplement my own real life shortcomings with the excesses of others, as I have 24/7 access to the Penthouse archives.

As for the rest of it, I will actually keep in mind the possibility of a Netrider doing the driving for me, with transport to the place of course. Is there a fee here, or do we work on the beer economy?

I haven't looked into the towies, just taken quotes from Bikenut and such. Thanks for your help, team. Those of you who volunteered your skills may hear from me. ;)

14. Look, I'm a bloke, so I'm only after one thing.

Six pack of beer and I'll ride it over to you from where you bought it.

I drink tooheys old. If you live on the block you're shit out of luck though, wouldn't make it to the station with a six pack in hand.

15. free beer and get to stare at your jugs should do it :D

16. A 7 is very good. Welcome to Netrider. We also talk about bikes, but only if we have to.

17. boobs and i'll do it

But seriously, when i sold my last bike I rode it to theirs for them for $50. Had the gf at the time trail me in the car.

Getting a friend to do it for you is the best because if they break it you can smack them.

18. Based on some of the posts above, I think there's already 'smacking' involved...well, of another kind :D

Might have some time off to ride up from Melbourne to help out...really......but I'd prefer Bourbon (Makers Mark) & Tits...not necessarily in that order..
    :angel:

19. Where's the dealership?

20. It's a private sale. And it's faaaaaaar away. Hunter Valley somewhere.