Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Colin McRae :(

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Mickyb V9, Sep 16, 2007.

1. I didn't really follow McRae that much, but this reminds me of when possum Bourne died, and that was very sad, as you said, another true champion has passed.
  2. Initial reports didn't confirm how many were on board. Now looks like four including McRae's son and another child :cry:
  3. #4 Mickyb V9, Sep 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    He made the Subaru brand what it is today.

And introduced the sport to a style of all out rally driving only for the faint hearted.

4. That really sucks. A true champion
  5. I believe Steve Hislop died in similar circumstances. Incredibly sad for his remaining family.
  6. When are people who are good at driving and riding fast, going to learn to stay the hell away from aeroplanes???? :(.
  7. He truely was a great :( he will be sorely missed...

i'll always remember watching a round with him driving a focus when he rolled it 3 times and KEPT GOING! little scottish battler!
  8. I dunno Paul, I am still here! :LOL:

Regards, Andrew.
  9. and helicopters :cry:

Heard this at Sandown and it certainly put a bit of a dampner on the rest of the day for many of us working at the 500.
  10. Roger Freeth, Possum Bourne, Richard Burns, Michael Park and Colin McRae are all up there in rally heaven.

If you research each of these rally personalities you will see that they were likeable gentlemen and all died at smilar age.

It is also common that they all wore the 555 Subaru World Rally team colors.