Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

(Col) Brokey Appeal

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by FormerUser1, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Never met Col face-to-face.
    It's still a shocker reading those posts (see other thread) and the immediate thought is: THAT could've been me !!

On the other hand it's incredible to see how this group bands together and get's things going.
    With around 2000 members and only half of them chipping in $10 each, some sizeable and useful help can be offered.
    Mark your transfer/ cheques with the name BROKEY !!! and transfer/ mail cheques to:

Direct Bank Deposit:
    Bank: Bendigo
    BSB: 633 000
    Account: 124718867

Mail Address:
    Netrider
    P.O. Box 1202
    Werribee Plaza, Victoria, 3029

Credit Card Contribution:
    https://www.paymate.com.au/PayMate/PaymateExpress?mid=netrider&ref=Brokey

Transferring my contribution in a minute.
    Please see other thread for more details and news:
    https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6095

Way to early...but I'd also like to offer garage/ tools/ time/whatever to repair the CBR (if repairable) apart from helping out/ running errands or whatever is needed to help out Col and family.
    email or 0400 650 064

2. And just added a bit more for the Brokey piggy bank.

3. And from me...

Message too short. Message too short. Message too short. Message too short. Message too short. Message too short. Message too short. Message too short. Message too short. Message too short. Message too short.

4. Is there going to be someone collecting at coffee tonight, I can contribute some then.

5. yes .

6. the bike is being picked up as we speak (by mike at OCD racing) it looks like it is going to be a write off so i dont think we need to worry about repairs (but he is getting the assesor out asap to get this all sorted and out of the way)

at the moment Karita is ok as far as help is concerned (her family and friends are rallying round to get everything done)

i was thinking about what to get Col with the money and i think just donating the cash would be a better bet so Karita can get what she needs when she needs it

simon

7. Good idea, after all they know best what they need and how to use that money.

8. Yo, thinking the same here, as long as it does some good/ pays some bills/ helps with medicals/ whatever...

9. Glen will pass a helmet around and pay in the night's proceeds.
    I'll make it next week to coffee night and do the same again.

10. last thing she needs to be worrying about is bills and the other day to day crap especially when you are spending a lot of time in hospital.

parking must be costing her a fortune at the royal melbourne .
    does anyone live close by where she can park and walk down to hospital ?

11. How is Col progressing?

As for the donations, I too concur that a cash donation is the best thing. If bills aren't an issue, his wife can buy him a nice hospital present with it....

13. Don't know him...as I'm new here, but that doesn't matter. He rides a bike. Mine's in.

Tom

P.S. If you're reading these, get better!!!!

14. THANKS...that's the spirit.

15. Another $50 on the way via PayMate.

Greg

16. Good idea starting up a fresh thread.

I've deposited some cash, wish I could do/afford a bit more.

I know what it's like living in between hospital visits, it can be really draining physically and emotionally.

Keep thinking positive thoughts everyone, and please pass on my best wishes to Karita and the rest of the Brokey clan. Oh and Brokey too, when he wakes up.

JJ

17. Donation made via PayMate.

Every little helps, so keep 'em coming.

18. Here's a bit more for the kitty to help Col's recovery.

19. Hey guys, the wonderful peeps at Friday night coffee at sth gate have generously donated $181.65 tonight and I have just transfered it into the netrider account.
    Well done on a great effort :D:D:D:D:D:D

Admin, I put in with the description "Brokey - SB coffee"

20. I don't know Col but have been watching for how his progress is going.
    Please keep the collections going, I'd like to contribute but can't for a week or so.
    Best wishes to Col and his family.
    Safe riding every one.