Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

webBikeWorld Cobrra Nemo 2 Chain Oiler Review

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by NetriderBot, Sep 25, 2015.

1. #1 NetriderBot, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2015
    The Cobrra Nemo2 chain oiling system is about as simple as it gets: reservoir, feed tube, drip orientation component and the oil of your choice.

Simplicity vs. complexity; it really is "back to basics" regarding the Nemo 2 installation on the electronics-laden, high-stepping BMW S1000XR (review).

But neither has complained so far and the Nemo 2 system looks and works just fine on the XR.

A true manual system, the Nemo 2 doesn’t require the rider to lubricate the chain by hand, but the hands are involved in filling, priming and initiating drip or lubrication sessions on a periodic basis.

The process isn't quite as "set and forget" as other automatic (electronic) chain lube systems, but once you become used to the routine, it's easy.

Chain lubrication is initiated while riding with simple 90- or 180-degree turn of the bezel on top of the Nemo 2 reservoir; the reservoir mounts on the handlebar.

The Nemo 2 is very versatile. It can use almost any weight or type of oil -- often a good thing depending on weather and riding environment factors. I’ve been using the Scottoiler "Blue" warm-weather oil and so far, so good.

Cobrra claims a reservoir range of up to 5000 km, although that is likely only with fairly light use.

But nevertheless, if even close, it is still a sign of a very efficient feed system.

At just over 700 km of use with the Nemo 2, the reservoir level is still just fine, as I expected.

As an unabashed geek of all things high-tech, especially motorcycle related, the very basic but modern engineered Nemo 2 sits very well with me.

more »
    • Like Like x 1