Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Coalition launches Motorcycle Tourism Strategy

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by blackadder, Apr 23, 2013.

1. http://www.tourism.vic.gov.au/images/stories/TV_Motocycle-Tourism-Strategy.pdf

http://vic.liberal.org.au/News/Medi...oalition launches Motorcycle Tourism Strategy

• Like Like x 4
  2. That's astonishing. In a good way.
    Hope it leads to some changes in certain local areas.
  3. Nice.

VicPol, please don't spoil it.
  4. "- better leveraging major events such as the MotoGP and World Superbikes, as well as smaller local events and group rides."

The cynic in me says this should read "Encourage more motorcyclists to Victoria, then fine them for going 2km/h over."
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Reinforce road safety messages to motorcyclists. This is listed under - opportunities. Obviously the message is not getting through to us so they need to find more ways to tell us.

I love the underlying message of it all has to be done safely- who decides on what is safe?

[COLOR=#292929][SIZE=3][FONT=Univers-CondensedLight][COLOR=#292929][SIZE=3][FONT=Univers-CondensedLight][COLOR=#292929][SIZE=3][FONT=Univers-CondensedLight][COLOR=#292929][SIZE=3][FONT=Univers-CondensedLight][COLOR=#292929][SIZE=3][FONT=Univers-CondensedLight][COLOR=#292929]Also loving the repeat comments that motorcyclists are professionals with large disposable incomes. Vic Pol will love that- more money to pay for more fines. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
  6. Enhance the depth and accessibility of information tailored specifically for motorcyclists on visitvictoria.com, including information for tour operators and independent riders.
    and who have they said has some responsibility for this- Vic roads. Wow when did VIC ROADS learn about what information motorcyclists need?
  7. Has to be 3, but let's not quibble. ;)
    Is this a landmark moment? Is the is the first time a government in Australia has ever done anything to encourage riding, and acknowledge it's value to the economy?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. If we take up this invitation and get injured on Victorian roads, are we covered by TAC or our home state's insurance scheme?
  9. I agree it seems the first time they have said that motorcyclists exisist and could be of benefit to us.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Oh please do not come from interstate and CRASH. We have enough locals doing that.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Can only be a good thing, and will hopefully lead to higher quality road surfaces, better signage and more double armco and such along the higher traffic bike roads down there. As for being the first, im not so sure, isnt there that local council over in tasi that provides chain lube at all the servos and strongly encourages bikers to come down? read about it in an amcn a few weeks back, over near wineglass bay i think.
  12. Actually, I wouldn't mind the option of paying double the fine without accruing demerit points :)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. So, they're trying to encourage motorcyclists yet have progressively flooded the hills with unnecessary 80km/h limits?
  14. Trundler- that is because they have to make it safe for all of us. The 80km/h limits are what they see fit will keep us safe. When this does not happen and accidents still occur they will lower them further.
  15. This is what I'm sayin. Now there is a policy framework to counter it with.

True, Mayor Bertrand Cadart ("Le Frog") of Glamorgan Shire was first to raise the standard. Great bloke.
  16. Is this a Joke !
    • Winner Winner x 1

17. and miss out on all that lovely fine revenue..........

What better than to direct the unwary tourists to the nearest Vicpol honeypot...Spurs or GOR anyone.....

+100 mainstage.....
    Just another sick joke by the tired parade of wankers running this state into the ground.
  18. #18 mainstage, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
    So when riders arrive at the Victorian border for the GP or super bikes they are not going to be stopped and fined for loud pipes and fender eliminators

When riders are enjoying Victoria beautiful roads .No more stopping people in Healesville for northing .No more intimidating tactics .

No more Victoria police pulling riders over for a biased survey on safety

"Better roads " we don't have the money for better roads so we will need to lower all speed limits in theses area's

I look forward to other states adopting the same policy so we can ride their without the same intimidation .

This is a fcuking joke ! Years and years of kicking us in the head and they see an opportunity to make money from us !

These pepole have the credibility of a pedafile
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. If they really want to attract motorcyclists to Victoria the first thing the Vic government has to do is relax it's nanny state regulations and put their dogs on a shorter, tighter leash.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. I rode the Murray Valley highway a couple of weeks ago. First two things I noticed after crossing the border from SA. There's about 8 signs with various warnings about speeding in the first 10kms. Err, ok guys you made your point, stop ramming it down my throat. The second was, doesn't anyone in Victoria know how to clear a verge? In the NT we have wide open road sides so you you can see potential obstacles like wildlife. It also gives you escape routes from the oncoming drunks. In Victoria you have Fugg'in great trees 3ft from the road edge. Can't see around corners, wildlife etc. won't even mention the condition of your goat tracks, sorry roads.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2