Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

C'mon fess up, who was it

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by goz, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Melbourne motorcyclist clocked at 174km/h
    AAP
    March 11, 2013 1:17AM
    A MOTORCYCLIST has had his machine impounded after he was clocked travelling at 174km/h in an 80km/h zone on the Princes Highway in Melbourne's southeast.

Casey Highway Patrol clocked the speeding Honda motorcycle at midday on Sunday at Pakenham.

The 45-year-old rider from Officer is expected to be charged on summons.

2. Just wait, it won't be long before he comes on here asking for advice how to beat the charges or winge about Police victimization.

• Like Like x 4
  3. 174? pussy....i could do that on my 250.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I just don't understand people who do those kinds of speeds on major roads. Chances of getting caught are just too high.

I've been known to exceed 95kph on some back country roads where enforcement is very low.

5. I am no saint and I regularly spend $1.80 to $2.00 on some rides...It's the boy winning out over the man...and you know he's not a bad kid...I kinda like him....LOL

• Like Like x 7
  6. Doing 170 on a major highway is just stupid.

Much better to find a quiet country road where there are no cops and/or cameras.

7. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Is that the name of the suburb he's from? I can almost hear the roadside conversation with the constabulary now...

Rider: What seems to be the problem, officer?
    Cop: Where are you off to in such a hurry?
    Rider: Just heading home - Officer.
    Cop: And where's that?
    Rider: Officer - I just said...
    Cop: No you didn't.
    Rider: Officer, officer!
    Cop: I'm already here, no need to shout.
    Rider: You asked where I live - Officer!
    Cop: Yes, I did, so where is it?
    Rider: I live in... Officer!
    Cop: ... Yes... I'm still listening, finish your sentence.
    Rider: ...
    Cop: ...

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. GJ384- Gold!

Princes Highway? They were probably sitting in Deckchairs outside their office with the laser, which is on the same bit of road.

10. When will someone create a new record and get clocked at 300kph? That would be something to brag about.

• Like Like x 3
  11. "..in other news police have released footage of a group of hooning riders on the M1. Police believe the riders where riding suzuki hyabusa's, exceeding 300-330kph. Eye witnesses report Kittens being thrown from the bikes in handfulls. Please think of the kittens..."

12. I take it you guys have never heard of the M1 300 Club. :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. nine times out of ten you will see the plod on that road. getting busted for speeding here is like getting caught out on the black spur- no sympathy from me. and the rider is from officer? wow- what a facepalmer !!!
    to get done on that road is one thing- but to get done like that really is something else...

14. You're too cool. I hope one day to be as cool as you are. Such a badass.

• Like Like x 1
  15. you can dream mate....doubt you'll make it....but still.

16. So glad I live in the NT where the LEO's are actually human. I know of one NT traffic cop who bragged about trying to sandwich a bug between the needle and end stop of his 'Busa's speedo.

Recently on the way to the start point of a group ride another friend on his 'thou Gixxer was pulled over and given a warning and told to "take the crazy siht further down the road out of town". He admits he was doing at least 170kph in a 110 zone.

17. #17 Ljiljan, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
    You'll need fo looth all your theef thirsf.
    That's great, but you're still in Darwin...

Where do you even go on group rides?

• Like Like x 1
  18. In Darwin, "further down the road" means Tennant Creek.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hidden valley?

20. Tend to ride further than most. Litchfield park for a quick blat. Jabiru or Katherine for lunch and back. Currently racking averaging 800-1000km a week. ;)

What we lack in twisties we make up for in miles and speed. NT = Need Tourer.