Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Clutch take-up adjustment RS250

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by T_terror, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Hi all, im a new member and a first time rider, just wanted to say how useful this site has been for me in getting everything together to start riding. THanks

Anyway, i broke the clutch lever on my RS250 (slope+oil= bad parking spot) and got a replacement lever. After i installed its not disengaging the clutch properly and the bike stalls as soon as i click into gear.

Even worse is that when i put the broken lever back on i had the same prob! Im thinking that when i removed the clutch lever assembly i might have moved the clutch cable out of adjustment or soemthing?

Cheers, John
  2. Indeed I think you may have. See if you can 'back off' the adjustment temporarily at the gearbox end, refit the lever (the new one) and then take up the adjustment again. You also have adjustment at the lever itself, back it off as well, and then start adjusting the slack.

OH! And welcome to Netrider, where all questions are treated seriously, everyone's opnion is respected, and the devil takes the hindermost! :LOL: