Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Clutch pushrod won't depress

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by ryano, Sep 1, 2010.

1. I've gone and installed a new chain kit on my 07 GSXR 600, and upon attaching the sprocket cover, I've noticed now the clutch pushrod won't depress, engaging (ahem, disengaging) the clutch. I've tried going through the gears, briefly starting it up, but it still refuses to budge.

The only thing I can think of is that I did start it briefly without the clutch pushrod in, leaking some oil, and thats gone and done...something. But I've heard people doing this without dramas before, admittedly on other bikes, so I didn't think it was a big deal.

Ideas?

2. You messed something up on reassembly, pull the cover again and have a good look for what's wrong. The appropriate manual would be gold at this point.

3. Yeah that's what im thinking/hoping, but I can't see anything obvious. I've been following the service manual, and it's hardly a complex re-assemble (despite my apparent ineptitude). The pushrod is seating in the arm mechanism on the cover fine and in the engine, it's even orientated the original way (indicated by oil marks on the rod). Hmmm....

4. Loosen the chain again and see if the clutch works.

5. Ended up figuring it out. Just incase any else has the same issue down the track: the pushrod end-cap within the cam became dislodged on final assembly, jamming the cam. After servicing it, and reseating the cap and the gasket holding it, works like a dream. So you were right mole!

I'm just happy I don't have to tear down the clutch cover, looking for something that's become dislodged.

Cheers all