Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Clutch Problems- 1991 Suzuki GSX250F (Across)

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by diesel007, Jun 7, 2007.

1. G'day all,

Just wondering if anyone might be able to give me a hand? I recently removed clutch plates from bike to double check if still in good working order. Have sinced put back onto bike, but unfortunently the clutch lever has no tension, have checked clutch cable from lever to sprocket cover but still no luck once trying to tighten. Does the clutch plates need to be in any specific order for clutch to tighten up correctly or is their something else going on??? Just pretty lost at the moment, I hope someone can kindly help?

2. i would say that when u put the clutch cover back on, the little round rod thing that turn when u pull the clutch in is not engaged with the clutch on the inside. If u look inside the clutch cover it is a little rod with teeth, and the teeth much interlock with the teeth on the clutch pressure plate.

Clutch plates dont give the tension, only the springs do. U have done the springs up to correct torque??

Good luck
  3. I have double checked the rod with teeth and it is in as far is can go, putting pressure onto other steel rod that goes into where spocket is (into hole where is attached to thing that looks like big screwdriver piece). I have tightened springs as per manual but still no luck. Could it be anything to do with oil or is it wise to remove clutch cable and re-attach???
  4. Well try to turn that round rod thing, if it gives pressure then u can rule out the clutch.
    Undo the clutch cable and make sure it works. If its not that u can rule it out.

post up a few pics. it would help