Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Clutch on the way out?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by thecptn, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Noticed this very slightly when I first rode my bike, after changing gears, and disengaging the clutch, once throttle is rolled on, the rpms would go high, yet the bike would hardly accelerate, than the rpms drop, than the bike starts too accelerate, of course this does not happen all the time, only when I give her a bit of juice, I assume this could be the clutch slipping? I am taking her for a major service any way, how much would it cost? please don't say arm and leg :( it has been getting worse the more I ride.

2. arm and leg :p

Sorry, couldn't resist
  3. cluch plates are cheep about $4-$12 each... but I think your bike has 8 of them?? also the time the mech is going to take changing it... it will take him about 45min but he will most probably charge you for 4 hours... expect a bill of $200 +
  4. ha thanks for that :LOL: after another ride today, im starting to think that maybe..just maybe the clutch needs some adjusting instead, as it did not slip once :?