Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Clutch now slipping

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by thecptn, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Last Sunday, I accidently laid my bike down, as I went to put the side stand down, I miss placed my footing and down she went, luckily, there was no damage to the bike except for a snapped clutch lever, so I went and got a second hand one, when I got home, I realised I dont have the original nut and bolt for it, so I scavaged a make shift one and put it in, I took it out for a ride and I noticed that some thing wasnt right, it didnt feel like I was going as fast, than it hit me when I really gave, it was slipping!

It is like the clutch isnt being fully released or some thing, I have been trying to fiddle with it, is there any way around this?
  2. need to wind the clutch cable out more, unscrew it at both ends until the clutch stops slipping
  3. You need to turn it clockwise until you have a minute amount of freeplay at the lever, IE : adjust it in NOT out
  4. Yeah, I gave it a good adjustment, seems to have stopped completely, thanks any way guys.

5. Legend!
    Thought my clutch needed replacing too as I had to launch at 4000rpm else I stalled the bike.
    And the 'friction point' as I know it was near the end of the release of the lever.
    Just adjusted in and feels much better. :grin: :grin: