Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Closest to crashing yet!

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Mr Messy, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Ugh... In so much pain right now I'm sweating! Heading to hospital as soon as I can get on a boat. Shouldn't have come out to work after it happened!

Riding in to work, kidney stone decides to move. Just about crippled me in an instant and its all i could do to pull over! Closest I've come to an off yet!

Owwww the pain!

2. That's a blessing. I wouldn't want that stone to bugger your Tassie adventure.
  3. ouch

get better soon.....
  4. Bugger! Kidney stones ain't a walk in the park at the best of times, couldn't imagine controlling the pain when trying to ride!
  5. fcuk that

get someone to kick you in the nuts. might take your mind off it?

or go for a morphine injection in the gums.
  6. Reading that made my eyes water.

Get well soon.
  7. Pic's when you pass it ???? haha the worst is yet to come
  8. Cheers guys lol. All good now.

It wasn't a kidney stone after all, even though I DO have a tiny one sitting in my right kidney and have passed one before, it was actually a buildup of sludge in my gall bladder, but I tell you it felt painful in exactly the same way as the kidney stone did previously...

So, I saw my doc, she is pretty cool, absolutely no sense of humor to speak of but knows a lot of 'alternative' methods that do actually work and tells me to do them when I have a problem, before prescribing anything.

She told me to go home and eat lots of apples and drink lots of apple juice, then the next day (yesterday) about 3pm take 3-4 teaspoons of Epsom salts in water, and an hour later drink in a 500ml mix 1 cup of olive oil, 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, topped up with warm water... That wasn't easy, throat was rebelling lol. Got it down though...

Next instruction was to lay down on my right side and wait....

About 30min later there was a hell of a gurgle and a cramp in my right side that passed in about a minute, and about an hour later a very large urge to use the men's room... Bretto I'm confident you don't want photos of that lol...

Today after my ass has settled down, I feel like a million bucks, but I'm over apples!!!
  9. Well at least you got to the core of the matter...
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ah yes, gall bladder issues. Been there, done that. Not nice, you have my sympathies. Had mine out four years ago and haven't looked back.
  11. After a concoction like that I'm surprised you have any bones left.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Get your GP to get an Abdo US & stay off fatty, greasy & creamy food.
  13. Yeah... No alcohol or fatty foods for a couple weeks now. Suits me, I'll be good to Christmas and New Years, then be naughty... (Maybe Santa will fall for it eh?)... Then might be a good boy for a few months lol.
  14. That sucks. At least you're living up to your name