Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Close call. Stop signs mean STOP.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Manny, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Some woman in a red Mazda van nearly killed my best friend just now. We were driving along burraneer bay road on our way to Cronulla when she completely ignored a stop sign and avoided hitting us by a bees dick. My friend slammed on the brakes and swerved left into Dolan's road. She decided to turn left as well, which stopped the cars coliding, but in turn made the situation about 5000 times more dangerous for my mate. Had they made contact then, he would have copped a big fat steel bullbar to the drivers side window.
    This intersection is at the bottom of a hill. You can't see it on the satelite map too well because of the trees, but it's clearly marked STOP on both sides of Dolans.

OK
    Maybe she didnt see the stop sign, but most people slow the fcuk down when they approach a big, busy, road at the bottom of a hill.

fcuking git had 3 kids in the back aswell. We turned around and followed them for a while to get the plates QBR 906.

So I guess watch out netriders, if you see a Red Mazda van QBR 906 run for the hills, her blood lust is unquenchable.

Map: http://img311.imageshack.us/img311/7130/mapburraneer0hn.jpg
    Satelite: http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=burraneer5qi.jpg

2. Dude, sorry about your close call, but I don't like the racism in your post.

Just because she looks ethnic, means she wasn't born here?

And your use of the word "paki" ain't really a term of endearment is it?

3. edited, enjoy.

4. I have to say though, no matter how you put ... ethnic drivers tend to be
    particularly lost.

5. What programme did you use to get that satelite image?? When i used google Earth it could not get near that clear and zoomed in. The best i could get it is like a slightly pixelated view above the city just showing houses and buildings as colour bits of stuff. I couldn't get it to zoom in that far. The quality of that one is awesome.

Please let me know how to get those.

6. it looks like maps.google.com ... but some areas dont have that much detail....most built up areas do though