Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

clocks for bikes

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ibanezboy21, Nov 19, 2008.

1. anyone know where i can get a decent digital clock keyring? i thought having attached to my keys is alot better than leaving it on the dash having to take it off everytime i get off.

cant find anything on the net using google/ebay :(
  2. If I was you I would get a small digital clock and velcro it to your instrument cluster or somewhere nearby.
  3. When I was looking around for a clock for the bike someone suggested a bicycle trip computer.

So I settled on one of these:

To ibanezboy21, what good would a "keyring" clock do you? You probably wouldn't be able to see it at a glance.

And is the crime rate where you live really that bad that someone would rip a clock off your bike?
  4. Your other option is getting a bike specific one likes those from ClockAbout clockabout.com.au. The idea of mounting it on the stem nut is cute.

5. I know its' not what you are specifically looking for, but I bought a cheap, water resistant watch, which straps around the bar. If I'm parking somewhere dodgy I simply unbuckle it and take it with me. Too easy.
  6. Myself and a few others have found that cheap watches tend to die on handlebars. Believe it's the vibration that gets to them?
  7. reason why i dont want to stick one on my bike is because im afraid some cheap bastard or kids with nothing to do stealing them, i heard stories of people ripping tank protectors off bikes...

if i couldnt find one i prob get a cheapo one and see how long it last. (weather)