Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Clipped my 1st mirror in 15 + years BUT ..

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by VTRBob, Oct 20, 2006.

1. But not just any mirror........ Mr Plods LH mirror :shock:
    Talk about the earth wanting to open up and swallow me :oops:

Monash freeway this morning on the way to work there was two of us "filtering" in different lanes. I know Mr Plod saw the other bike on his RHS because he moved over to let him go through easyier .... BUT in doing so he reduced my gap :? so I got though, but with the slightest of tap between our mirrors.
    Naturaly I stopped instantly and waited till he could creep forward to me and dropped his passenger side window, Yes I was waiting to cop an ear bashing at the very least.
    But NO
    Good cop story
    He asked if I had any damage, "nope didn't even knock it out of alignment officer"
    "Ok alls good then, take care and watch out for the forecast rain and wind later on today"
    then he gave me the "thumbs up" and put his window back up, I slipped into 1st and made a discrete exit, trying to minimize any look at my rego as i pulled away [ just in case ] :LOL: :twisted:

I would have loved to see the looks of glee from the surrounding cages turn to WTF he just let him go ! :LOL: :LOL:

2. Gold, just pure gold Bob.....

Maybe he was just wanting to check that fine ass of yours out ;)

You have gotta stop wearing assless leather chaps in public!

3. im thinking you are one lucky...... :LOL:

nah, thats a good result!
  4. Good stuff! :grin: :grin:
  5. [IMG:30:15:6a2d469e41]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/sgcooke/Smiles/happy1.gif[/img:6a2d469e41]
  6. Good to hear that there is one great plod out there.
  7. what is your rego bob?
  8. Bob was riding a donkey? :shock:
  9. That doesn't surprise me but I am shocked he wasn't arrested for doing it in traffic. :shock: That sort of thing's still illegal in the privacy of the bedroom. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  10. I knocked my first mirror about 2 months ago creeping through at the lights. Felt like an idiot but as soon as I did it i stopped backed up re-adjusted his mirror got the thumbs and a nod then went on my way.
    He looked like a builder, had mirrors the size of truck mirrors on his ute, good to see though that some people are okay about things like that.
    I only hope the Plod's as nice about it down here.
  11. That's two great outcomes about lane splitting..... :dance:

I had to split for the first time the other day...we had visitors over and I had to manouver through 5 bikes and a potbelly, half a dozen cars and a campervan (parked all over the place) just to get my bike out of the garage...and I nudged my mirror on the last split :roll: Nowhere near as entertaining as you guys :LOL: