Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Clip on Bars for 250 FZR???

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by aus_dragon, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Is there such a thing?

I am after a set of clip on bars to suit my FZR 250. The standard riding position is fine when on the spirited runs through the twisties but for longer casual pace rides and cruises the angle really hurts my wrists after a while.
    I was thinking a set of clip ons may help raise the height and change the angle so it is a bit more comfortable on the longer rides.
    Any suggestions would be great.
  2. Sure its worth it? I know I wouldn't ever think about raising my sv's bars, even though they're pretty sporty and you get uncomfortable much faster than on my zzr. I'll learn to deal with it, as the lower bars inspire a better riding position and style for twisties.
  3. There are clipons with 2-3" rise - they could cost you $300 or more. You also need to make sure that the cables and hoses will reach, and that you have clearance with the tank and any fairing fitted.

Still interested?

It does make for a more comfortable ride...and could mean more control when you might otherwise be fatigued

Trevor G