Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Clever Optical Illusion

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by mcbigg, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Stumbled across this today and thought I'd share:

Can you see the famous face amongst the lines?
  2. John Lennon.. that's cool
  3. Heh, that's neat. You have to squint a bit, and/or step away from the monitor. Much better than those 3D things in the newspaper which I can never see !
  4. Thats mad, i love these things. I wonder if you printed it out, would it still work?
  5. err ctrl+p ?
  6. Ugh....I see it for a split second then can't see it again :tantrum:

Magic eyes are HEAPS easier :p
  7. Dude, don't have a printer. And yes i know you can get them for about $1.20 these days. :p
  8. I got Jesus... then Che Guevara... then one of the Asgard aliens out of Stargate SG-1.
  9. Imagine that. How do they do it?
  10. if you use a tft display, tilt the screen.
  11. Can someone hand me a panadol?

..... and then a prescription for some new glasses because that hurt my peepers! :shock:
  12. I see vincent van gogh with a long nose?
  13. Got it!.....Red Army Choir circa 1972?
  14. i see Lennon if i lean to the left, squint, bob up and down, lift my right foot off the ground and make circles with my left hand........

DAMN!! my eyes hurt now :LOL:
  15. cool, how the hell they doo that, theyre just black lines.

16. I could be wrong, but I think its the very subtle greys between the black lines that make the image...
  17. Definitely. See what happens when you start removing the black lines:

18. Next week we will finally provide proof positive that the tooth fairy and easter bunny do not exist.

Please bring your children.

From your pals: the dream squashers.
  19. i see, but then technically its not an optical illusion is it? its just a painting.
  20. I guess it is an illusion because the picture is there all along - but the black lines are in strong contrast to the background white, making it hard to see what is going on in the area of low contrast (pale grey to white). I think that's how it works anyway.