Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

cleaning the alloy frame on the spada.

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by twainharte, Mar 1, 2006.

1. another spada related question:)

i maintain my bike on a regular basis but tend to neglect the alloy frame.

i'd like to give it a good clean to perhaps restore it to its former glory, if that's at all possible.

what's the best product to use?

thanks in advance.

2. I say give it a quick once over with some very fine sand paper then get the Autosol onto it for a nice highly polished finish! That castec (?sp) frame will have never looked so good!
  3. anybody got a spada i can try that onLOL

really!? sandpaper! :shock:
  4. He means the REALLY fine stuff. Like it doesn't seem to grip when you run you hand over it. I think it's like 1000 grain or something like that??
  5. Yep I'd use an 1800 grit or finer wet/dry paper (wet), then follow up with Autosol. If there's a few parts of the frame that are a bit rough they might need special attention with 1200 or 600 grit wet/dry first.
  6. wet/dry is also know as emery cloth i believe??It is cloth backed not paper (so you can wet it without it falling apart). I
  7. Don't know, stuff I use is actually paper backed, it's just waterproof paper. Go into any auto store and find the paint/body filler section - they usually have a full range of abrasives available (grit size will be printed on the back of the sheets if not listed elsewhere).