Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cleaning Products

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by rthrelfall, Sep 12, 2006.

1. how ya goin

im after a bit of info on the best cleaning products for my bike?

2. Try doing a search for previous posts and threads, it will yield the best results.

On that note, Kerosene is your friend.
  3. What types of cleaners? Motor Cleaners? or Bike Cleaners?

I find WD40 is great to clean off oil/grease marks off the bike's paint.
    I also find it useful to get rid of dirt/rust build up.

As for my fairings, i generally just use normal car wash detergent and a sponge.

I've used motul chain cleaner. that thing works really well too... except crap (excess chain cleaner) started leaking out behind the socket cover onto my gear shifter. Nothing major, all i did was i removed the socket cover, and removed excess chain lube and chain cleaner.

On the otherhand, you have engine/fuel cleaners.
    I've used motul engine cleaner (the one where you add to your oil before an oil change). I'm not too sure what it did, but i didnt noticed anything different about the bike.

However, i have had positive experience with a product called Nulon Total Fuel System Cleaner. I worked wonders. I put it on on Sunday, and put in another dose on Monday. My bike idles normally now (it was reving up and down prior to the treatment), my bike sounds alot better, the acceleration is alot faster, and my bike no longer hesitates at 13000rpm.

When i say hesitate, i mean a loss/lack of power. I had full power until i hit 13000rpm, it surged for a bit, then full power from 13500rpm to 18000rpm