Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

cleaning leathers

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by cOS, Sep 9, 2006.

1. any of you guys clean concious and clean their leathers? what are the good products out there?

2. I've handwashed mine using Lux soap flakes, drying them and then massaging them with Connolly's or Mother's leather conditioner.

3. i got actual leather cleaner kit. dont use soap coz it your cleaner needs the conditioner too otherwise it will get damage.

4. dont wanna spend a fortune on leather cleaner but recently looking around and saw some armour all leather cleaner wipes for like 4 bucks ... been using them on jacket, there meant for leather car interiors but they work great on leaqthers removing dirt marks and wear marks and leave the leather softer if your interested!!

5. Just a damp rag & a little bit of elbow grease. I have a jacket I've worn for 20 years & only ever cleaned it like that. Is'nt wiffy (not that I've noticed :LOL: ) & the leather is still fine -crash tested it a year or so back & all :grin:

6. I use a product called "Only Emu" - false labelling really 'cause it's actually a mix of beeswax, emu oil and eucalyptus. Does a really good job of cleaning, waterproofing and softening leather all at the same time - about 10 bucks for a tin (which lasts a while).