Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cleaning exhaust

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by siwanut, Feb 21, 2008.

1. ts time for me to lay down some newbie questions.

Cleaning the exhaust pipe, how hard is it and what is usualy involve? will it make any difference? is it hard to put back together if it was posible to clean.

i have a oval carbon pipe on cbr250rr. i can try to find a similar pic but if u know the basic carbon oval pipe.. then yeah .. =]

thank you :)

2. Baking soda mixed with water, dip a rag, rub.

Done. :p
  3. what will that do ?
  4. Baking soda is one of those miracle cleaning products - cheaps as, but with elbow grease can polish really well.

Also Silvo polish is good, and any grease/road grime that is hard to get off, use Bug & Tar remover.
  5. ah ok sounds good. what would be good to use to cleant he swing arm of the CBR250RR?
  6. Elbow grease? Just get a can of degreaser for 3 bux and let it do it's magic. Keep it off the chain though.
  7. or, let it get on the chain, and you can clean the chain at the same time :grin:

just make sure u wash it off proper, then lube the chain well after cleaning
  8. can i grab autosol from like .. autobarn n stuff?

would it wreck the metal work? or jus polishes.

have to wash it after with anything?

P.s THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INPUT. this is greatly appreciated guys. thank you again.
  9. CT-14, (picked that tip up from the auto-detailer on here), then formula 1 "bike cleaner", "metal polysh" or soda and water.
  10. Kero will work on your swingarm and chain - just keep it off anything painted. It's also fairly important to make sure you don't LEAVE the kero on the chain, as some believe it can damage the seals. But it is cheap and an excellent cleaning product for that dirty rear-end of the bike. ;)
  11. wow guys thanks for all the tips .. but bcoz im in city sydney area. where could i get some of these products.

autobarn etc? .. if anywhere else is cheaper please lend a hand :) and if you are free .. maybe i can visit you're spot and u can teach me a few things on cleaning and stuff :)
  12. How do you clean it off? I kero'd and used a rag a couple of days ago but I haven't had a chance to put the lube on yet :oops:
  13. I used that wheel cleaner stuff, that just takes the grime and dirt straight off with one spray, then wash it off with a soapy spong and water
  14. okie dokie! will do that :) hehe thanks guys for all you're time.